Due April 12 before 11:59 pm – Engage in the articles in Chapter 8 on the International impact of cinema, What is Indie Film , Backwoods meets Hollywood, 10 Things Not to Do as a Critic , More Film Reviewing Concepts and Tips for Reviewing Foreign-Language films. You should also listen to the interviews below (then answer any four of the questions on this page below the interviews). Answering more than four questions may earn you extra credit.
Mageina Tovah is a film, and TV actress and she’s written, produced, directed and starred in her first indie film “Hux”.
Film Critic Matt Brunson has been writing film critique for many years for publications like Creative Loafing & Connect Savannah. He also hosts a film critic’s site theFilmfrenzy.com. Here, he talks about his approach to criticism and his personal film history with Noel Manning.
- Share something that you found interesting about independent filmmaking or indie filmmaker Earl Owensby after the readings. Why did you find it intriguing? You should address something different than other students or expand the thoughts.
- Share something that you found interesting about the international film market after the readings and why? You should address something different than other students or expand the thoughts
- Looking at the reviewing concepts (including foreign-language films) and what not do do as a film critic, what do you find the most useful or beneficial as you move forward in writing reviews? Why?
- Share something that you found interesting about filmmaker Mageina Tovah from the interview? Also you should share some thoughts about her short film Hux that is linked on this page. You should address something different than other students or expand the thoughts.
- Name the most important, useful or intriguing things you gained from the Matt Brunson interview as it relates to film criticism. How will this help you? You should address something different than other students or expand the thoughts.