Response Post Assignment for Chapter 7 (due April 5 before 11:59 pm)
- Engage in all of the materials for Chapter 7 including these sections:
- The Semester Project Template
- Visual Effects
- The Fiction that is Science
- Looks like a Disaster to Me
- We Are All Superheroes (why-superheroes-matter
- The Event that is the Blockbuster
- Interviews with Special Effects Artists
- Superhero films for consideration and Sci-Fi films for consideration
Address FOUR of the following writing prompts. If you address all five, you may gain extra credit:
- What insight did you gain from the history of special effects/disaster films (digital or otherwise)?
- How has your understanding of science fiction changed after reading the material? If it hasn’t changed, what was reinforced?
- As you explored the reading “Why Superheroes Matter” – defend or dispute those thoughts from your standpoint.
- After engaging in one of the interviews with special effects artists (Matt Johnson, Trey Brown or the team behind Alita: Battle Angel) what did you find most fascinating or intriguing. Why? Name the interview you engaged.
- What was the most engaging aspect of understanding the Blockbuster or Event film? Why? How will that assist in reviewing films for you?