Assignment Due Monday, Feb. 15 by 11:59 PM:
Read the articles and engage in the chapter, charts and videos. Watch, read or listen to two of the featured screenwriters posted on the page: “The Screenplay: The Blueprint Matters (Ch 1).” You will need to address three questions (one from each part below). Hit reply to this post, and you should also write your name at the bottom of your post:
Part I.: (choose one)
- How do you feel that understanding Blake Snyder’s approach to exploring “story-genre” can help you in film criticism? Offer examples to defend your thoughts.
Part II: (choose one)
2. In exploration of the “Universal Life Lessons” and ‘Character Transformation” offer an example from a recent film you’ve seen that exhibited both (lesson and transformation). Explain and defend your answer with film, character change, and the moral lesson.
Part III: (choose one) -The following answer should have a connection to one of the featured screenwriter in this section.
1. Based on what you heard (or read) about writing (from our screenwriters), what do you feel is the most important element (or elements) for writers and critics of screenplay? Why? Offer details (identify which writer you viewed/listened to).
2. How is writing reflected in real life? What makes you say that? Give details (identify which writer you viewed/listened to).
3. What is one of the greatest challenges to writers? Why? (identify which writer you viewed/listened to)
4. What impressed or intrigued you the most about the writing process? Why? (identify which writer you viewed/listened to)