(Repose due: Nov. 12 before 11:59 pm) Read all materials from Chapter 11
After exploring each section answer the following questions as listed (your post should reflect something different and original from other student posts in the strand):
- After listening to the interview with S. Craig Zahler (writer & director) of the Western/Horror film “Bone Tomahawk” – share some things that you found interesting about his approach to filmmaking and the Western. Remember you must write something different than other students.
Now, answer any (3) three of the following in an original post. Make sure you are not repeating what other students have already posted; think critically about your responses.
- Why do you feel the Western genre has continued to survive for over a century on film since it is but a small snapshot of American history?
- Based on the Western hybrid formulas mentioned – can you name two other films (not mentioned in the readings) you feel would fit one (1) of these categories (other than a Western/Comedy or Western/Musical)? Why? You must give examples that are congruent with what you’ve learned about Western themes, ideas, storylines, etc. (within this chapter).
- Of the new tips (and observations) presented for the reviewing critic in this chapter, which ones provide new insight, additional support, or increased info that you feel will be most beneficial to you. Explain.
- What are the most beneficial lessons (or knowledge) you gained from our guest speakers Adam Long (film critic) or Violet Dukes (The Real to Reel Film Fest)?