Due: 11.5.18 (before 11:59 pm)
Read all sections in Chapter 10 and Address three with an original post (in detail) of the following:
- Watch this video link (or read the transcript) with controversial director Oliver Stone talking about the JFK 50th anniv. and documentary on historical perspectives. In an original post, share something that interested you, intrigued you, or surprised you about Stone – or the interview, and address the topic of bias (or lack of bias) you saw in Oliver Stone.
2. Watch this documentary on James Bond: The True Story. After watching it address these topics: Based on the thoughts shared from the interview subjects, why does James Bond tend to appeal more to males than females? Do you agree with those thoughts? Why or why not. What did you find interesting about either James Bond (the character) or the creator Ian Fleming?
Click on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=qbwBcUsah3Y
3. Now that you have an understanding of how politics weaves its way through various genres (action, adventure, comedy, animation, etc.). Think about a politically-laced film you’ve seen in one of those categories, and share what you believe the message or meaning was in that film? and Why? In order to answer this you must understand “purpose of meaning” within “The Politics of Film” as addressed in this chapter.
4. Action films and political films can have a strong connection (or marriage) with each other. Based on your understanding of the readings, why do you feel this is so? What audiences would find the action/political hybrid films most appealing? Why do you say that? You must draw something from the reading as an example.
6. As you examined “Life Lessons from Character Transformation”, which universal film do you feel your “semester project character” falls? Why? Offer an example.