Response Post due: Oct. 29 before 11:59 pm.
Engage in all chapter 9 materials:
Address four of the following questions. In your response, you must should address a different idea than a previous class member, or add a different perspective or approach to each question. The key is making sure that you engage in the materials and share your own ideas:
- Based on the readings, which end of the horror spectrum do you fall (name the category)? What horror films are you drawn to, or which ones do you stay away from? Why?
- What insights did you gain from reading about the history and roots of the horror and mystery genres? Or, what knowledge was enhanced or strengthened? Why?
- Some argue that certain suspense/mystery films cross into the horror category. After engaging in the readings (and videos), defend why that statement could be true. Provide an example of a film you may have seen that would match the criteria.
- Offer some insights from any of the following:
B. The articles and video on Jason Blum of Blumhouse
5. After exploring the readings “what not to do as a critic” and “ideas for creating your own film reviewing presence” , what is the most beneficial (and the most challenging) to you moving forward as a critic?