Response Post Assignment for Chapter 7 (due 10.15.18 before 11:59 pm)
- Engage in all of the materials for Chapter 7 including these sections:
- Visual Effects
- Reviewing for Print, Radio, TV and Beyond
- The Fiction that is Science
- Looks like a Disaster to Me
- We Are All Superheroes (why-superheroes-matter
- The Event that is the Blockbuster
Address the following writing prompts:
- What insight did you gain from the history of special effects/disaster films (digital or otherwise)?
- How has your understanding of science fiction changed after reading the material? If it hasn’t changed, what was reenforced?
- As you explored the reading “Why Superheroes Matter” – defend or dispute those thoughts from your standpoint.
- While exploring “Reviewing for Print, Radio, TV & Beyond” you should notice some differences and similarities. What similarities do you feel are the most relevant when reviewing films (regardless of the medium of distribution)? Why?
Final Project notes:
October 13-31 – watch final two films (and make detailed notes).
October 17 (by 11:59 pm) – Review – 550-650 word review due. For the list of science fiction, superhero, disaster or epic films listed in this chapter.
November 1 –Semester Project Notes: Next draft of introduction, biographical sketch, and first section of your exploration into your character (film number one) should be complete.