Due September 24, 11:59 pm:
Engage in the following materials
4. Listen to the interview below with film critic Matt Brunson
- Now you should address one of the following:
Option 1: Share what elements from the lessons or from the interview that you found the most intriguing, and or interesting, and share why. Your responses must come from Matt Brunson’s interview, The Camera, adaptations, drama, and evaluating remakes and sequels. Post those here (300-500 words).
Option 2: Take any story song and break down the lyrics by identifying characters, inciting incident, the setting (if you have one), conflicts, and resolution. Also identify what Blake Snider formula best fits the story. You should also share the lyrics and three images, three keyword tags (and relevant links). Post this onto your personal film blog (and post a link to it at the bottom of this page). Here is an example: The Dixie Chicks: Good Bye Earl
Option 3: Go visit “Family Video” store in Shelby, NC and address (at least) the following questions (in a simple report/personal narrative format) and post it onto your personal film blog with your link posted here:
- How does this experience differ from scanning films on Netflix, RedBox, or Amazon Prime, YouTube (etc)?
- How do you think a physical video store like this still survives? Do you feel it still relevant? Who do you feel the customer base is for this store?
- What were your personal evaluations/reactions of looking for possible film choices the “old school” way?
- Any other relevant thoughts or comments?