- Assignment *Due September 12 by 11:59 pm: Interview someone over 50-years old and write a 500-700 word report/story capturing his/her movie history.
- You should get the person’s name, age, race, gender, town of residency. You should also list the date of the interview. This should be posted on your movie blog (with three photos, three links & three search tags). Email blog link to email@example.com when finished.
- This can be done in a Q&A format, or it can be written as a news story or personal narrative – your choice.
Questions for consideration: you may use any of these, none of these, or all of these. These questions just provide a starting point for you.
- What was one of the first films you remember watching in a theatre?
- What do you remember about those early film experiences (food, type of theatre, friends, family, how you felt when watching a film in a theatre, etc.)?
- Did you watch many films growing up? If so, what films were you drawn to?
- Did you ever go to Drive-In Movies when you were younger? What do you remember about those?
- Do you remember when the event films like “Jaws” and “Star Wars” when they were in theatres? Tell me about those memories. If not, what were the first “Blockbuster” films you remember everyone wanting to see?
- When HBO, Showtime, VCRs or DVDs were readily available, did that change how you went to see movies? Or which ones you went to see in a theatre?
- Did you ever go rent movies from a video store? If so, how did you decide what to choose to watch with all those choices?
- How and where do you watch most of your movies now (theatres, DVD rentals, streaming, etc)?
- What kinds of films do you watch now? Do you feel those tastes have changed much in the past 20 years?
- How often do you go to theatres now to see films? How different is it now than when you first you experienced films films in theaters (sizes of theaters, foot choices, movie choice options, etc)? What do you attribute the changes to (if there is one)?
- What’s the last film you watched in a movie theatre? Did you enjoy the experience?
- Any other comments about your movie going experience/history that you think is important, or that you’d like to share?
Here are links to some interview examples from previous classes (used by permission):